As I mentioned in last week’s blog, the new 2017 – 2018 Stampin’ Up! catalog is here and the new items are awesome! I mentioned that I would share my first order list and all the new items I ordered during the demonstrator pre-order month of May. Putting my order of new products together was HARD! There are so many stamp sets or new items that I want.
BIG NEWS – My catalogs arrived!!!
I will be mailing or dropping those off to individuals who ordered last year. If you are new to my website or Facebook page, just reply to the email version of this blog post or send me a Facebook private message and let me know you would like a catalog. I will be happy to get one to you. If you just happened to find my site and aren’t receiving my updates in email, just go to the Contact Me link at the top of the webpage.
As I browsed the catalog…
I must say that I was equally as impressed with the number of returning items that I have and could check off as I browsed each page of the lovely new catalog. So we will have that many more products to work with or for me to share ideas using those products! That’s exciting!
So what did I order?
In the list below you will probably be surprised at some of the items I didn’t order yet. If you have been following other demonstrator sites or Pinterest you have been seeing a lot of the Daisy Delight Stamp Set (page 127) and coordinating Daisy punch. I shared a sample of a card after OnStage in Minneapolis. I LOVE that stamp set! But I found out it is currently on backorder so I decided to wait a month or so until it is back in stock and select other new items. Also, Eastern Beauty Stamp Set (page 19) has been shared extensively, so I started with other items in my first orders.
- Eastern Beauty paper and stickers, page 19 (ok I couldn’t pass it up completely!)
- Bike Ride, page 20
- Coffee Café and Coffee Cups Framelit Dies, page 31. There are tiny little framelits that cut out images on the Designer Series paper, too cute!
- Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper (DSP), page 41 (the little images are just too cute to pass up, I want to fussy cut and play with them!)
- Tabs for Everything, page 43 (I won this at OnStage and didn’t order the punch yet but it is going to be FUN to play with this set!)
- This Little Piggy, page 48 (Another OnStage Prize Patrol, lots of cute ideas with the flying pig have been posted!)
- Petal Garden Memories and More Card Pack, page 57 (I didn’t get the DSP yet but I wanted to get a sample of our new memory keeping cards and embellishments. As I mentioned last week, we will no longer be selling Project Life items.)
- Happiest of Days stamp set, page 70 (I love the simple look of this set.)
- Birthday Delivery Stamp Set and corresponding Birthday Memories DSP and Birthday Friends Framelit Dies, page 69 (the framelits cut out the images on the DSP!! Fun!!) I also ordered the new 1/4 Stitched Edge Ribbon in Pacific Point. I think it looks so pretty, can’t wait to see it!
- Happy Birthday Gorgeous and Happy Birthday Thinlits, page 77 (I also ordered the new adhesive sheets on page 203 that should make the detail on this type of thinlit adhere to cards nicely.)
- 1/2 Finely Woven Ribbon, page 95, in one of our new In Colors, Lemon Lime Twist.
- Loyal and True, page 97. For those of you aware that my nephew is in the Navy and training in Special Forces (SEAL), you might guess that this set would be very dear to me. I pray each day for him and all those serving in our military, we owe them a huge debt of gratitude! God Bless them all.
- Faceted Gems in gold, page 127.
- Wood Words and Wood Crate Framelit Dies, page 159. I shared a video on Facebook of the adorable little crate you can make with this framelit. I can see it used for many seasons and in different colors. I also ordered the Burlap Ribbon on page 159.
- Crafting Together, page 181. I think the Made With Love and Do Something Creative Every Day won me over on this stamp set.
- Of course with a large order (any order of $150 earns Stampin’ Rewards) I was able to select some free items, one of which is the Tranquil Tulips stamp set on page 223. Yes, that one has been all over Pinterest and FB too, but I had to have it!
Hostess Code for Ordering
For those of you that place larger orders, you will earn Stampin’ Rewards for your order of $150 or more. The rewards increase (10% of your order) as you add more items. You can go over the rewards total if you can’t get it to quite match up and the extra $ will be added to your order. This changed a year or so ago and I just love it!
But for those who place smaller orders, add this hostess code, BM6QYMGH, to your order (bottom left of the screen during checkout) and I will send you a gift for ordering with that code. I want you to benefit from your orders as well. For those who order $150 and receive your own rewards, no problem, I will send you a gift too!
I appreciate all of you who order and keep the joy of paper crafting alive and share something handmade with your friends and family. We all love to receive cards and notes, right?! As I love to say as I close my blog posts, Create Joy!
So, what do you think? Are we going to have fun this year? Of course we are!
Sign up for Paper Pumpkin by June 10 to receive this month’s kit, everything you need in one box for hours of fun! No clues from the home office yet on the theme. If I find out, I’ll be happy to pass the info along.
Once my order gets here I will be sharing card ideas and tips. I usually post more on my Facebook business page, so please be sure to “like” that page to see all the latest posts.
Create Joy, Deena